Company Name: Northern California Power Agency (NCPA) - Geothermal Facility
Job Title: Geo Industrial Controls Technician/Operator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: April 25, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Technician’s primary responsibility is installing communication and control system hardware, software and equipment in geothermal power generating stations and facilities. Systems include but are not limited to: telemetry, two-way radio, fiber optics, SCADA & DCS, RTU’s, serial comms (RS-232 I RS-485), PLC’s, routable networks security, physical security (alarms & video surveillance). This position will also be expected to perform various electrical and instrumentation duties which includes; troubleshooting, repairing and calibration of power plant / steam field control systems. May be required to work extended hours and on normal days off. Will work a 9-80 schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- SCADA (management, graphical development, data historian)
- PLC interface with DCS distributed control system (input-output, scaling, PLC programming)
- Telemetry (Modbus, DNP, Serial, RTU, Profibus DP)
- Project Management (develop wiring diagrams, layout drawings and engineering specifications for system modifications)
- Networking (firewalls, routers, switches, VLAN, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Strong knowledge of communication and control system hardware/software
- HMI’s (Siemens T3000) experience
- PLC’s (Siemens, Allen Bradley, SCADA Pack, etc.) experience
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical electrical equipment and systems in the geothermal power plant and steam field
- Auxiliary Equipment (batteries, solar, back-up generators, AC/DC, peripheral computer components)
- Troubleshoots, tests, repairs, calibrates and maintains electrical and instrumentation control systems
- Power Plant experience
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/GED with additional education and/or certifications highly desirable
- Five (5) year experience maintaining, installing & repairing electronic control systems and data communications equipment
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program and or equivalent course work in electronics and data communications
- Electronics and instrumentation theory, Networking and Security principles
- Willingness to be available for work during off hours in case of emergency
Driver’s License Requirement Possession of an unrestricted Class C California operator’s license by the State of California, Department of Motor Vehicles or ability to obtain a Class C California operator’s license within thirty days from start date of employment. . Possession and maintenance of a good driving record as demonstrated by the absence of multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents within the last three (3) years.
Representative Physical and Job Demands
- Regularly lifts and moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly reaches and grasps hand tools and other objects using manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Frequently feels and visually inspects weld surfaces requiring sense of touch, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly talks and listens to others to exchange and obtain information to maintain diagnose and repair electrical, control and instrument equipment and systems.
- Regularly uses hand tools and other objects using manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to adjust install and connect equipment.
- Awareness of high voltage and other electrical hazards while installing, replacing, or removing equipment.
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions and is exposed to wind, rain, snow, ice and heat.
- Works with chemicals, solvents, and acids.
- Works in a high noise environment.
- Regularly climb ladders and stairways, walks on and works off of platforms, near super-heated surfaces, slippery surfaces or uneven surfaces in precarious locations, elevated heights (excess of 50 feet) and works from a boom of a basket truck.
- Regularly walks, stands, reaches, stoops, kneels, and crouches. Occasionally digs trenches, holes, etc.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Regularly operates Agency vehicles normally required for the performance of their job duties.
- Performs housecleaning and other related duties as required.
- Occasionally is required to wear respirator type equipment.
- Reports to work regularly and on time.
How to Apply:
To apply visit our website at www.ncpa.com
Posting End Date: June 25, 2016