Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Generation Technician I (Electrical) U17-235
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: System Operator
Posting Start Date: November 29, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 11, 2017 (Internally)
December 15, 2017 (Externally)
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Generation Technician I, Electrician U17-235
In this position you will work rotating shifts and perform operating, maintenance and administrative function at our Beaver Combined-Cycle Generating plant.
You will support our journey by:
- Monitor, maintain, operate and test plant equipment and tools as qualified.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance as qualified. Perform calibrations as qualified.
- Use installed and portable test equipment and technical manuals to troubleshoot equipment and system problems as trained.
- Perform chemistry operations as qualified.
- Perform administrative duties such as use of computer based maintenance programs, data collection, report writing, utilization of relevant computer programs and write procedures.
- Have primary responsibility for systems as assigned and conduct training sessions as assigned.
- Continuously increase own knowledge level by independent study up to the TECH III position.
- Operate forklifts as required.
- Train to become a Technician II at which point the wage rate would go up to $44.85/hour.
- Qualify on all Beaver Generating Plant systems and associated procedures to become a TECH II within 6 months after employment. Must be capable of demonstrating this qualification by oral and written examination. Monthly evaluations and termination if qualification not complete in 6 months. (TECH II rate: $44.85)
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Two years of documented experience working as a journeyman or equivalent skills in a power plant performing maintenance or two years documented experience as a lead control room operator in charge at a fossil fuel plant or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to perform non-routine and complex maintenance in the following areas:
- Valves; Pumps; Compressors; Rigging; Fittings; Hydraulics; Crane Ops; Scaffolding; Fans; Piping and Tubing
- Batteries; Breakers; Switchgear; Transformers; Motors; Regulators; Buses & Power Supplies, wiring conduit; Generators
- Sensors; Transmitters; Controllers; Regulators; Pneumatics; Power Supplies; Tubing; Calibrations; Switches; Programing
- ST Plant Ops; GT Plant Ops; Logics; Schematics; P&IDs, plant chemistry and Tagout procedures
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as a team member.
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license and demonstrated good driving habits, and operate forklifts as required.
- Must pass the POSS-MASS Aptitude Test.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U17-235 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: December 15, 2017