APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
General Manager, T & D Planning, Design and Construction
The purpose of the position is to provide vision, direction and leadership for our T & D Design and Construction Group (Engineering/Design, Asset Management and Project Management Office/Customer Services & Inspection) in a manner that best supports our strategic initiatives. This representative will be responsible for a budget of approximately $400 MM – $500MM annually in capital plus departmental O & M activities and will manage a group of 230 or more employees.
This position reports to Vice President, Transmission & Distribution.
You will support our journey by:
- Successfully managing our T & D Planning, Design and Construction Group
- Directing the development and implementation of strategic direction to integrate operational groups and other cross-functional activities. Establish partnerships with other areas to develop and implement plans in response to changing markets, competitive pressures and customer expectations.
- Responsible for creating effective contracting strategies that best supports effective and efficient operations.
- Lead appropriate Company response to T&D system outage from major storms or other system emergencies.
- Supports and helps develop activities surrounding our efforts to build a smarter, more resilient grid.