Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: General Manager, Distribution and Line Operations (R18-139)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: February 26, 2018
Salary Per: Per Week
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 11, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
General Manager, Distribution and Line Operations (R18-139)
In this position you will be responsible to lead and manage the overall performance of Transmission & Distribution Line Operations Support. You will utilize business metrics to measure and provide feedback to improve performance. Manage the department safety culture in collaboration with the Safety Department to attain the goal of zero injuries. Work with the Line Operations and Human Resources to create and maintain a performance management culture. Position reports to Senior Vice President of Customer Service, Transmission & Delivery.
You will support our journey by:
- Accountable for developing functional strategies, establishing highest level priorities and ensuring achievement of major corporate objectives.
- Lead diverse teams to ensure effective employee engagement; use of resources and ensure functions of the departments are cost effective so as to meet the needs of the company, customers, and employees and contribute to the profitability of PGE.
- Ensure that PGE’s policies, plans and procedures are appropriate and in compliance with corporate policies and federal, state and local laws and regulations. Interpret corporate policies and direction statements to carry out intent of senior management.
- Provide visible leadership by setting the tone and expectation to foster a safe and healthy culture; hold managers and employees accountable for working safely, consistently and fairly enforcing all safety, health and work rules.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related subjects.
- Typically 10 years demonstrated related professional experience and at least 10 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the utility industry and engineering and construction theory and principles.
- Strong knowledge of operational technologies applicable to the utility industry including electrical distribution, transmission and generation principles.
- Thorough knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources and modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Thorough knowledge of labor contract.
- Strong emotional intelligence and change management skills.
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution, transmission, and generation facilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design and transmission and distribution operations.
- Excellent leadership development, coaching, feedback and mentoring skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-139 . If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: March 11, 2018