Company Name: Tillamook People's Utility District
Phone Number: (503) 842-2535
Job Title: General Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: July 27, 2016
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: Full Time
Work Time Type: Days
The General Manager directs the business of the District with the assistance of a senior management team and reports to a five-member elected Board of Directors.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties assigned to this classification include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and/or update the District’s Strategic Plan; implement and execute that Strategic Plan through cooperative work with and/or delegation to department managers; develop performance plans and evaluations that respond to the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan.
- Participate in industry association meetings, events and activities; participate in community, intergovernmental, or other groups as formed to carry out specific projects.
- Prepare necessary reports and/or communications related to District activities for presentation to the Board of Directors, other entities, and the public.
- Represent the District at local and regional meetings; prepare and/or disseminate information, reports, and policy interpretations; ensure that complaints related to District activities are appropriately addressed and resolved.
- Manages and supervises direct reports including hiring, mentoring, terminating and monitoring performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: regional power supply issues; Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) and it’s hydroelectric system; the role of the Board of Directors; electric utility operations, both distribution and transmission; renewable resources; public power principles and operations; public finance, budgeting, and Rural Utilities Service (RUS); workforce development and labor relations; and current trends in the electric utility industry.
Skill in: planning and organizing; public speaking; problem-solving and follow-through; and the use of a personal computer and business software.
Ability to: delegate effectively; communicate effectively both in written and oral forms; work effectively with an elected Board of Directors; establish and maintain an excellent management team; make difficult decisions; and successfully execute the District’s Strategic Plan.
Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, engineering, or a related field, and ten (10) years of progressively responsible electric utility management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. A working knowledge of BPA power supply is mandatory. In addition, dedication to public power principles and the rural community, integrity, strong public administration and leadership skills are a must.
How to Apply:
The required fillable application is located on our website at www.tpud.org, or contact Tillamook PUD at 1115 Pacific Avenue, PO Box 433, Tillamook, OR 97141 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. One letter of recommendation is required. Resumes are encouraged, but do not replace the required P.U.D. job application.
Posting End Date: September 25, 2016