Company Name: PUD No. 1 of Okanogan County
Phone Number: (509) 422-8471
Job Title: General Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: December 5, 2017
Salary: DOE: $165,000 - $200,000
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
A. Job Summary
The General Manager is responsible for the effective management and administration of the utility as defined in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW 54.16.100). This position is responsible for providing direction and leadership to ensure the District is responsive to its customers, employees, and the general public. This individual is responsible for making sound business and financial decisions in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, contracts, policies, procedures and objectives of the Board of Commissioners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent, manage and direct the District’s operations consistent with its goals and objectives, policies and budgets established by the Board of Commissioners.
- Communicate and propose solutions to the Board of Commissioners on items of significance in a timely manner.
- Lead in the development of the goals and objectives within current and future strategic plans and ensure goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Coordinate activities of divisions or departments such as Operations, Human Resources, Power Planning & Business Services, Engineering, Information Systems, and Finance, to affect operational efficiency and economy.
- Guide management team in short and long range strategic planning for effective operations and fiscal management.
- Develop necessary programs for communications within and outside the organization.
- Participate or assure participation in related national, state, local and other associations with like interests that will create reciprocal benefits to the District.
- Review existing District policies and recommend changes and updating as necessary.
- Keep current with new technology and local, state, and federal proposed legislation pertinent to public power.
- Responsible for addressing employee issues in an effective and timely fashion in accordance with senior management and applicable Labor Laws, Collective Bargaining Agreement and the District’s Employee Handbook, as appropriate.
- Represent and promote the District in local community activities, including communication of District policies, procedures, activities, outages, and news events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position directly supervises up to 10 employees including subordinate supervisors who supervise up to 100 employees.
- Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Engineering, or related field is preferred; and
- a minimum of five years of experience as Director or Manager of a utility or related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Please see www.okanoganpud.org for job description, requirements, and to submit application with resume, cover letter and supplemental essay questions. Okanogan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Posting End Date: February 5, 2018