Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: General Foreman-Field Supervisor(s) (R17-155)
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: April 24, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 8, 2017
This posting is for 2 positions in our Eastern and Western locations in the Portland Metro area. When you apply you must submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
We are seeking to fill 2 positions with talented, experienced leaders with a commitment to safe and efficient operations to join our management team in Distribution Line Operations.
General Foreman-Field Supervisor(s) (R17-155)
In these roles, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day field supervision for Distribution Line Operations crews, ensuring safety requirements and efficient construction standards are maintained and followed as well as consistency in performance management and policy application within an assigned Line Center.
Top candidates will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an electric utility with a focus on Transmission and Distribution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Distribution Line Operations including tools and equipment as well as service and installation policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safe construction methods is essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Line Operations’ crew functions and duties.
- Strong management skills to include employee development and performance management, preferred.
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBA).
- Working knowledge of company philosophy, policies, practices, goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws such as but not limited to: OSHA, DOT, ODOT, NESC, FERC, OPUC
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software and other related programs and system.
- General knowledge of PGE’s geographic area.
- Valid driver’s license with evidence of safe driving habits.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete our employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-155. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: May 8, 2017