Company Name: NW Line JATC
Phone Number: (360) 816-7100
Job Title: Full Time Instructor – Tree
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: March 19, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40+
Work Time Type: Days
Pre-Apprentice Tree Training/ Apprentice Tree Training / Journeyman Tree Training position supporting operations by instructing/supervising students in all classes. Planning, organizing, and implementing administrative, academic, and practical hands-on field and lab instruction. Position will also support Journeyman/Apprentice/Safety training, which will require reporting to admin office as scheduled.
- Maintains industry workforce by recruiting, orienting, and training applicants, students, and current industry personnel; maintaining a safe, secure, and productive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplish training results by communicating class/job expectations; planning, monitoring, following lesson plans and evaluating results.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining students as needed.
- Exercise patience and tolerance as required in a learning environment.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of NW Line JATC, VOLTA and Tree.
- Conduct and project self in professional manner.
- Monitor supplies by identifying and anticipating needs for classrooms, office area, storage areas, restrooms, and labs.
- Maintain all areas in a clean and tidy fashion
- Follow policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Fill-in, substitute and or assist in instruction for other classes in other locations.
- Provide communication to supervisor for identifying needs and evaluating options for student issues.
- Complete projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems both paper and electronic versions.
- Improve training programs and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures and evaluating system results with staff.
- Maintain communication and cooperation among staff, and students (past, present and future).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by attending or teaching educational workshops/classes in various locations.
- Contribute to positive progress by accomplishing related tasks as needed in a timely manner.
Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organizations, including travel to off-site locations to retrieve supplies and or conduct/attend classes, provide communication/information to visitors and guests in a friendly positive manner. Repair and maintain building, tools and equipment based on personal mechanical skill level.
- Journeyman Power Line Clearance Tree Trimmer
- Computer knowledge and proficiency to work with Word, Power point, Data base, Email, etc. (skills test will be required)
- Develop; write; improve lesson plans
- Minimum of 5 years in the industry
- Ability and willingness to acquire Trainer Status to teach classes, including but not limited to; First Aid, CPR, OSHA ET&D, Flagging, Crane etc.
- Have reliable transportation to commute to class each day.
- Willing and able to physically climb trees and perform/demonstrate the duties of a Journeyman Power Line Clearance Tree Trimmer.
- Commercial Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a climbing and rigging skills test.
- Completed NW Line JATC Tree Apprenticeship preferred
Posting End Date: April 1, 2018