Company Name: Grant County Public Utility District
Phone Number: (509) 754-0500
Job Title: Fleet Utility Equipment Mechanic I – III
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Mechanics
Posting Start Date: April 27, 2018
Salary: $33.09 - $37.92
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The purpose of this classification is to hire qualified individuals with a desire to progress through the Fleet Services Career Ladder to the Fleet Utility Equipment Mechanic III level. The Transportation Supervisor and Foreman shall evaluate employees by oral and practical application. Employees in this classification may be assigned to any type of work in the areas of the Fleet Services Department. The following job requirements are in addition to those of the Fleet Utility Equipment Serviceman I & II, and Fleet Utility Equipment Mechanic I & II.
- All air condition work
- Heavy duty truck repair
- Accurate diagnosis and repair of all hydraulics
- All brake repair: air, hydraulic, and electric
- Capable of performing annual PMs and repairs on all man lifts, digger derricks, and cranes
- Will be efficient in all classes of welding and fabrication work to include plasma and acetylene cutting, wire feed welding, aluminum wire feed welding, arc welding and air arcing
- Heavy fabricating repair work and capable of building beds, etc.
- Proficient at all automotive electrical work and accurate diagnosis of repair work
- Will be proficient with scanners and diagnostic tools
- Will be capable of working with department maintenance program (Firefox)
- Capable of being upgraded to foreman and lead mechanic on shift
- Will be proficient in fiberglass and repair
- All fleet service work including cranes, digger derricks, and man lifts. This equipment requires 200-recorded hours of direct supervised maintenance. Supervision for the 200 hours can be obtained from any mechanic that has previously obtained the 200 supervised hours.
- Demonstrated commitment to Grant PUD’s mission, vision, values, strategic plan and Vision 2021. The incumbent should be familiar with these organizational priorities and behave in a way that aligns with these expectations.
- Understand and adhere to compliance requirements for this position that may include laws, regulations, security guidelines, Grant PUD policies & procedures.
- Actively participate in all aspects of our safety program, including but not limited to:
- Following all safety policies and procedures;
- Alerting supervisors and coworkers to unsafe or hazardous working conditions;
- Reporting any safety incidents or close calls within 24 hours to your supervisor; and
- Accepting feedback from supervisors and coworkers regarding your own safety performance.
- Acquire within six months a Washington State Commercial Driver’s License with Class A endorsement.
- Valid First Aid Card including CPR training, equivalent Washington State requirements for industrial first aid.
- Must have current forklift certification.
- Four years’ experience or equivalent knowledge of which at least 2 years’ experience should be as counter sales of auto/truck parts or mechanical background
- Will have a minimum of 4 1/2 years as a Fleet Utility Serviceman I and II, Fleet Utility Equipment Mechanic I, Fleet Utility Equipment Mechanic II or any equivalent combination of training and experience as determined by supervisor and foremen
- Fluid power hydraulic certified (training and class provided)
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics (KSAOs)
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Knowledge and understanding of Washington State Workers Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Possess general working knowledge of personal computer, software and mainframe programs associated with parts department applications or demonstrate aptitude for learning same.
- Knowledge and understanding of District/Department Policies and Procedures.
- Write legibly and be able to maintain records, files and fills out forms.
- Must demonstrate and have aptitude for mechanical ability.
- Basic knowledge of the parts department and locating parts
- Must be mentally and physically fit for duty.
- Duties require the physical dexterity, strength, and balance to work safely in all aspects of fleet repair and maintenance activities including truck mounted electric utility specialty equipment.
- Must possess good visual perception and color comprehension.
- Must be able to work in field environments with varying weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds regularly and up to 80 pounds occasionally.
How to Apply:
APPLY ONLINE: grantpud.org/your-pud/employment
Closing Date to Apply: Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity Employer
References and Background Checks are done as part of our employment process.
Posting End Date: May 3, 2018