Website Flathead Electric Cooperative
Flathead Electric Cooperative in Kalispell, MT is seeking an expert writer, communicator and marketing specialist, preferably with experience in the electric utility industry. This job posting will remain open only until we find a rock star, so if you are interested and qualified, apply!
To read the full job description, minimum qualifications, physical requirements and pre-employment conditions, visit: https://www.flatheadelectric.com/about/job-opportunities/
Some of the job duties include:
- Serve as an expert in digital and electronic communications, print communications, marketing and public relations strategies, products and initiatives to support FEC’s communications strategies.
- Draft and edit press releases, public service announcements, presentations, feature articles, opinion pieces, speeches, and web-based multimedia content designed to convey complex information in a clear, accurate, interesting, and engaging manner to public with varying levels of comprehension of FEC, or opposition or indifference to FEC’s objectives.
- Assist in developing various brand campaigns or marketing strategies to generate positive public opinion about FEC.
- Promote FEC stories to media; secure placement of earned media in support of communication strategy and raising overall awareness of FEC, including pitching press releases, follow-up with media, creation of story ideas, authoring stories, etc.
- Write and develop marketing content for newsletter articles, fact sheets, flyers for special events, radio PSA and ad scripts, video scripts, advertising content, etc. for optimal use across all mediums including traditional media, magazines, webpages, social media platforms, and other outlets.
- Establish and maintain key points of contact with members of the local and regional print and broadcast media. Serve as main point of contact for incoming media requests.
- Act as spokesperson for FEC, explaining and clarifying official FEC positions to the public on a wide range of topics which may be sensitive in nature.
- Arrange radio/television show interviews and public speaking engagements. Train staff in media interview and public speaking techniques and delivering presentations and message development.
- Assist with management of FEC’s social media presence, creating content and engaging with members across digital communications platforms.
- On a rotating basis serve “on call” to direct after-hours communications to members regarding major outages or abnormal system behaviors. Maintain the technical knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively and efficiently perform required on-call duties.
- Serve as the employee liaison for Roundup for Safety, assisting the Board of Directors with the management of the program and its functions.
- Manage FEC’s sponsorships budget, handling each donation request with care and proper scrutiny, exercising judgment when determining FEC contributions and involvement with local organizations and projects and complying with applicable administrative policies.
- Develop and increase participation in FEC’s Grassroots program. Communicate with participants on a regular basis to keep them informed/interested/engaged with their cooperative.
To apply for this job please visit www.flatheadelectric.com.