KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and ability to learn and adapt.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to model complex financial arrangements and present outputs of the analysis simply, clearly, and accurately to a diverse group of stakeholders including customers, managers, and board members.
- Professional demeanor that faithfully and consistently represents the District in all aspects of job responsibilities including day-to-day interactions and when representing the District’s interests in business meetings.
- Good reasoning and judgment to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to receive guidance and supervision, follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures, and meet punctuality and attendance standards. Complete assignments in an appropriate time period.
- Is adaptable to new systems, methods, and process changes and has strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Work well with a diverse group of people and function as part of a team.
- Ability to comprehend and follow legal regulations and compliance information.
- Know, understand, and support public power goals, history and direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting.
- Extensive use of a personal computer requiring sitting for extended periods of time, adequate eyesight for viewing and manual dexterity.
- Must hear and be heard clearly in spoken conversations with heavy background noise, both in face to face meetings and on telephone calls. Use of a telephone requiring adequate hearing and speaking skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Work will be performed in both an office setting and outdoors with extended periods of sitting and extended periods of time working at a computer station.
- Must be able to work long hours in stressful conditions such as assisting in restoring power during storms, emergencies, other power outage situations, or special projects.
Sufficient education, training, and/or related work experience to possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, which would typically be acquired through:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in one of the following majors: Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience such as working on audits, financial planning, financial reporting, and/or utility rate setting.
- Additional preference may be given to individuals with a CPA, or utility auditing experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving record must be acceptable and insurable by Clatskanie PUD’s insurance carrier by standard group rates.
Proficiency in the use of computers is required, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Proficiency in interpreting financial statements and working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, along with a familiarity with GASB statements and the FERC uniform system of accounts.
Requires mathematical abilities in the practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios, or other math skills normally required in finance and/or accounting work. Demonstrated proficiency in the fundamentals and practical application of algebra, trigonometry, and statistics.
Must have developed English language skills to the point to be able to: read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and complex technical manuals.