Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Financial Analyst II or III
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: July 18, 2017
Salary: $67,642 - $103,636 DOQ
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Benton PUD is seeking a professional applicant to fill a Financial Analyst II or III level position. The purpose of the position is to perform financial, accounting or treasury work for the treasury department. The position will have the primary assignment of oversight of budget development/maintenance, daily cash and investment management, and claims management. The position will also assist with ad hoc financial analysis, monthly budget variance analysis, internal reporting, cost of service analysis, and debt/cash/investment journal entries.
The successful candidate will be placed appropriate to their education, certifications, experience and ability to perform the specific position accountabilities with the expectation that the successful candidate placed in a higher level position may also be expected to perform some or all of the duties of the lower level position.
For more information, a detailed job posting, and to complete an application, please visit our website: www.bentonpud.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
FINANCIAL ANALYST II
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3-4 years experience conducting moderately complex financial analysis, preferably in governmental accounting and treasury
- Prefer Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Financial Manager (CFM) or similar certifications.
FINANCIAL ANALYST III
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years experience conducting related complex financial analysis, with at least 2 years in utility, governmental accounting or treasury
- Strongly prefer certification in the following: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Financial Manager (CFM) or similar certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: FINANCIAL ANALYST II
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office with very strong Excel skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting, financial and treasury theory and principles
- Knowledgeable and experienced in preparation of financial statements and non-standard statements and reports
- Thorough understanding of the District’s systems and procedures; understanding of the various laws and regulations affecting District operations
- Internal control procedure knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience working with enterprise-wide integrated financial systems
- Ability to work under limited supervision within established work parameters with few direct instructions
FINANCIAL ANALYST III (In addition to Financial Analyst II)
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial theory and principles
- Thorough understanding of the District’s systems and procedures; detailed understanding of the various laws and regulations affecting District operations
- Thorough understanding of internal control procedures
- Ability to work independently with broadly defined work objectives and limited review of overall results
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Posting End Date: August 1, 2017