Company Name: Franklin PUD
Phone Number: (509) 546-5954
Job Title: FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: July 10, 2017
Salary: $65,092 - $96,764
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This position is responsible for general ledger entries required for monthly financial statements, daily general accounting transactions, maintenance of work order records and, annual duties including external audit assistance and inventory of plant materials. This position monitors the progress of projects, investigating variances, reconciling expenses and charges and ensuring that project billings, if applicable, are issued to the customers and payments collected. This position is also responsible for Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable and other non-utility related billings. Performs Treasury duties in the absence of the Treasurer.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and monitors capital and non-capital projects for accuracy and completeness of charges, identify and resolve any variances between the Project charges and the general ledger. May also involve reconciliation between estimated and actual costs and/or assisting the Engineering department with those tasks.
- Reviews and prepares capital projects for capitalization in the fixed asset software system.
- Assists in maintenance of fixed asset sub ledger including calculation of asset removal values.
- Participates in annual inventory count in coordination with Warehouse personnel.
- Maintains Miscellaneous Accounts Receivable including Aid to Construction billings, revenues and service fees.
- Reviews and posts Accounts Payable transactions prior to payment.
- Performs daily and month end bank account reconciliation.
- Performs periodic audits of office assets and attractive assets maintained in the attractive asset database.
- Serves internal and external customers: Provides service requested, answers questions and offers assistance. Treats customers courteously and responds in a timely manner.
- Professional behavior: Understands and follows District/supervisor expectations regarding appropriate dress, attendance, punctuality, scheduled and unscheduled time off, and appropriate use of District time, equipment and resources.
- Teamwork: Works closely and effectively with department members and others as needed to promote a positive team environment. Actively participates in department meetings.
- Assists in annual external audits: Researches questions and provides information requested by auditors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience: A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with major emphasis on accounting, and four years of accounting work experience are required. Electric utility or public accounting work experience is preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities: A thorough understanding of government accounting standards is required. Ability to analyze and prepare financial statements used to project the costs of varied public utility projects, under probable and possible conditions. Advanced computer skills, and understanding of financial software systems such as work order and utility billing systems and thorough knowledge of electronic spreadsheets and database systems. Technical skills include advanced electronic spreadsheets, database applications, and technical presentation programs in a Windows environment. Other skills include proven ability to use independent judgment and thinking, effective communication skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and demonstrated cooperation and flexibility.
Posting End Date: July 30, 2017