Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED and any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors, and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work flow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to utilize technology effectively.
Availability and Accessibility:
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers and members of the public, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site.
Approximately 40 hours / week may be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position may also require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the evenings and/or during weekends.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive, understand, evaluate and appropriately respond to communications from employees, the Board of Directors, and members of the public using available technology, in person and in a public setting when necessary.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications.
- Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions. Efficiently and quickly analyze, process, manipulate, and accurately record extensive amounts of data (some of which is technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
- Move to, from and within our building and across utility-related property site locations, possibly during inclement weather.
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position operating computer equipment while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, and other business materials.
- Use a personal computer or other technology devices frequently and consistently for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting, and presenting documents, data and other business-related information.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 30 lbs. each day in the performance of regular duties. Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and descending a stepladder may be required.
- Drive on behalf of CPI and/or report for work in all types of weather.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. This position works in a temperature controlled office environment and in the field in a variety of weather conditions. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting and office furniture, as well as consistent and frequent noise, interruptions and other similar distractions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. It is intended as a general guide of the job duties and tasks the person in this position may be asked to perform as part of our CPI team. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all of the job duties or responsibilities that may be assigned to this position. Position descriptions may occasionally be updated, as necessary, to reflect evolving business needs, and such changes may not be reflected immediately in written form.
Refusal or unwillingness to perform duties and tasks assigned in a positive, professional and productive manner, even if seeming to fall outside of this description, may be considered insubordination and a violation of CPI policies and expectations.