Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Field Construction Coordinator Spec IV (R18-222)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: April 5, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 5, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Field Construction Coordinator Spec IV (R18-222)
A Field Construction Coordinator is responsible for supervising and inspecting the installation of underground conduit systems by outside contractors. Be the main point of contact for outside contractors throughout construction process. Will be required to work closely with the SDPM on their designs and required easements. Responsible for ensuring easements are lawful. Will be also responsible for setting up pre-construction meetings with developers and builders to outline PGE requirements. Coordinate meetings and work with SDPMs, line operations, and other utilities.
You will support our journey by:
55% Customer support and Inspection –
- Work with and meet contractors to provide support for PGE processes – including attending pre-construction meetings.
- Inspect and approve customer trench and conduits.
- Ensure proper design and easements
- Coordinate with SDPM on re-designs
- PSLD Planner’s Meeting
- Job stalking
- Pre-construction meetings
- Job walks with PGE
20% Municipality and Utility Interaction –
- Work directly with municipalities to resolve issues.
- Provide communication to municipalities as needed on projects.
- Work with other utilities as needed on projects.
15% Issue resolution and support –
- Investigate and resolve complex customer complaints.
- Work with line crews to solve issues
15% Administration –
- Various administration requirements and meetings.
- Balancing needs and expectations of internal PGE clients and external customers.
- Decision making with multiple internal and/or external players.
- Time Management and Multitasking. Ability to sort through multiple issues simultaneously while staying focused on priorities. Able to respond or manage multiple internal (PGE) requests at the same time.
- Provide effective verbal and written or electronic communications.
- Work under minimum supervision.
DECISIONS MADE (this position makes the following decisions)
- Approval of inspections.
- Influence and consult on issue resolution.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Effective human relations, supervisory, and communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service with contractors and key customer accounts, including proactive problem solving and communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of PGE’s construction standards and NESC code.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safe standards and protocol.
- Thorough knowledge of PUC requirements for construction and service work.
- Working knowledge of Union agreement with PGE
- Valid driver’s license (with good driving behavior.)
- At least 4 years of SDPM experience or 4 years of line experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Field Manager/Maximo.
- Job requires a substantial amount of driving daily
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES (what reasoning and decision-making activities are involved in performing job)
- Decision making – complex, regarding selecting and prioritizing work, analyzing problems and the integration of information to make recommendations.
- Reasoning and problem solving skills – complex problem solving and decision making and ability to communicate results clearly.
- Written and verbal communication skills – exemplary.
- Skilled logic and demonstrated rationale to handle decisions that align positively with PGE priorities.
- Able to distinguish when and how to involve other PGE work groups when decisions need more input, collaboration and support for on-going implementation.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to commute to frequent customer work sites and PGE meetings.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-222. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: May 5, 2018