Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc. is seeking a qualified journeyman lineman for a position in Roundup, Montana.
Fergus Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative serving 6,500 meters in central Montana. Roundup is surrounded by the scenic Bull Mountain Range and Musselshell River, just 48 miles north of Billings, MT.
The successful candidate must possess a great attitude, good work ethic, and be committed to safety and service to co-op members. Fergus Electric is committed to having a strong safety program and safety is the co-op’s priority.
The co-op offers an excellent benefit package.
Job requirements include a Union Journeyman Lineman Certification, high school diploma, and a valid Montana Class A Commercial Driver License, with an excellent driving record. An employment physical and a drug screen are required.Additional Information:
Duties, skills and abilities:
▪ Construction, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. Knowledge of RUS specifications is preferred.
▪ Must have ability to climb power poles.
▪ Must have ability to operate digger derricks, bucket trucks, backhoes, skid steers and snow cats.
▪ Must comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
▪ Must have knowledge and ability to perform hot work.
▪ Must have basic computer skills.
▪ Must be skilled and able to clear and maintain power line rights of way.
▪ Must have effective communication skills.
▪ Must be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime during power outages and/or emergencies.
▪ This position is active and requires daily lifting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
▪ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment applications are available online at www.ferguselectric.coop; or call 406-538-3465 to request an application. Please send resume and application to: Dale Rikala, Fergus Electric Co-op, Inc., 84423 U.S. Highway 87, Lewistown, MT 59457-2058; email email@example.com; or call 406-538-3465. Applications will be accepted through Friday, January 15, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org