Company Name: New York Power Authority
City: White Plains
State/Provence: New York
Job Title: Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Energy Solutions
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: March 23, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 37.5
Work Time Type: Hours
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is seeking an Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer to lead its Energy Solutions business unit. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative executive seeking to make a mark on the industry’s transformation, implement new energy programs and technologies to create customer value, and achieve NYPA’s Strategic Vision.
NYPA is the largest state-owned electric utility in the nation and one of New York State’s leading power suppliers. NYPA owns and operates 16 generation facilities and more than 1,400 circuit-miles of transmission lines. It is a national leader in promoting energy efficiency, and the development of clean energy technologies and electric vehicles. NYPA customers include job-producing companies; government agencies; nonprofits; municipal and rural cooperative electric systems; and neighboring states, under federal requirements.
With its strong financial foundation, variety of generation and transmission assets across the state, and long history of achievements in customer energy services, NYPA is well positioned to help turn uncertainty in the industry into opportunity. The Strategic Vision boldly redefines NYPA’s role in the power system to meet the needs of the environmentally sustainable and energy-driven economy of the 21st century.
The Executive Vice President Chief Commercial Officer, Energy Solutions (EVP) designs, leads and executes the Energy Solutions business strategy and is responsible for revenue growth, managing under a profit and loss (P&L) objective for the New York Power Authority (NYPA). The EVP will develop a commercialization infrastructure and organization to drive market adoption of NYPA’s energy services and solutions. The EVP will build a customer-focused culture and will be responsible for profitable revenue growth within the organization. This position is responsible for managing and directing the Authority’s client-based programs; economic development, energy services and technology; and the development of new products and programs. This position plays a key role in NYPA’s transition to competitive, cleaner, and more efficient electricity and energy usage markets placing customer service and solutions at its core. Reporting to the President and CEO, as a member of the Executive Management Committee, this position plays a significant role in NYPA’s overall strategy.
- Inspire a shared vision while questioning past assumptions and challenging the status quo. Acts as a change agent by utilizing various change management techniques to enhance business process and operational excellence.
- Define and execute revenue and commercial strategy for the organization, managing under a P&L objective.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for NYPA’s focus in markets, products, services and solutions.
- Retain, secure, and grow revenues while meeting P&L objectives from target markets in a fully competitive electric and energy services marketplace. Note that NYPA’s energy services solutions can encompass oil, natural gas, and steam as well as electricity.
- Create opportunities for customers, markets, new industry developments and standards to align with and advance business goals.
- Lead efforts to broaden the scope of market segments served by NYPA, creating marketing flexibility, and instilling responsive and timely delivery of NYPA products and services.
- Lead development of company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on expanding areas of client services and solutions.
- Represent the Company and develop relationships with regional regulatory, government, institutional and business leaders.
- Position NYPA as a catalyst to retain and create jobs and encourage capital investment in New York State in partnership with economic development organizations, institutions and businesses including but not limited to universities and health systems.
- Build and maintain marketing planning functions of load and revenue forecasting, communicating with customers about rates (working closely with Finance), and identifying competitive intelligence that support marketing, financial planning and integrated resource planning (IRP) needs.
- Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the overall business goals.
- Maintain working relationships with governmental officials, senior officials from Southeastern New York (SENY) customers, senior officials from Office of General Services and the State University of New York (SUNY), senior management from professional engineering firms, manufacturers, distributors and suppliers, counterparts from the ESCO community, trade organizations and EPRI.
- Advise the CEO, the Board of Trustees, and other company executives on matters pertaining to marketing and customer activities, and ensure all functions that she is responsible for are operating together effectively to achieve the strategy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to key account managers in all market segments.
- Provide guidance in evaluating integrated grid projects such as micro grids, distributed generation and energy storage.
- Industry/role specific Excellent understanding of the utilities industry and experience in evaluating and implementing energy services to customers. Solid understanding of wholesale electric and natural gas marketing.
- Financial acumen Strong financial acumen and managing P&L. Generate revenue tied to specific P&L objectives while concurrently building business model maturity and capability.
- Strategic acumen Develops flexible and adaptable strategies to achieve organizational goals by understanding the organization’s capabilities and external market conditions, the regulatory environment and technological advancements. Design short and long-term strategies/programs that are scalable and efficient.
- Leadership Maintains a work environment and develops staff to act with a focus on the future, is adaptable, overcomes resistance to change and executes with a sense of urgency to be successful today and within the anticipated future business climate.
- Emergency management and business continuity Ability to make decisions and develop innovative approaches to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Stakeholder management Ability to develop relationships with regulatory, government and business leaders. Seasoned experience influencing internal and external stakeholders with skill and diplomacy.
- Execution managing and allocating financial and people resources to execute operational and business plans.
- Risk management and internal controls Understanding of risk management principals as it related to developing and executing customer strategies. Understanding of critical internal controls needed to comply with regulatory standards.
- Client focus Determines strategic business direction to best meet clients evolving needs. Ensures continued service excellence by evaluating and analyzing departmental decisions that impact ability to meet client needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business (or related field), engineering, or science. MBA desired.
- Experience managing a complex business unit under a standalone P&L.
- Proven business and project development experience and key account management in the delivery of complex technical solutions with long sales cycles.
- 10 years’ experience in the energy services industry or related field.
- Broad familiarity with wholesale and retail electricity and natural gas markets and marketing.
- Broad familiarity with all facets of marketing – sales, pricing, customer relationship management, promotional activity (not advertising but getting positive press reports, ability to develop effective collateral material, etc.), product/service development, and contract development and management.
- Track record of managing a disparate network of suppliers of products and services.
- Build and develop a business and project development group from the ground-up. Ability to incubate new ventures and develop to full maturity.
- Experience working with engineering firms, construction companies, mechanical contractors, and ideally energy services companies.
- Experience overseeing construction contractors (change order control, schedule/scope compliance, close-outs, commissioning, etc.).
- Position is based in White Plains, New York and requires at least 25% travel, primarily in NY State.
- Valid NY State driver’s license which must be maintained throughout employment.
The New York Power Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly through our careers webpage, the link to this exact listing can be found here:
Posting End Date: April 22, 2016