Company Name: Chelan County PUD
Phone Number: (509) 661-4540
Job Title: Executive Assistant/Clerk of the Board
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: June 19, 2017
Salary: $67,000 - $79,000
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
Provide advanced and diversified executive-level administrative support to the Board of Commissioners and General Manager (GM) in a fast paced environment, maintaining confidentiality in all sensitive situations. Act as Clerk of the Board and serve as liaison among commissioners and between the GM and commissioners. Create, coordinate and maintain record of Board actions, and facilitate the smooth execution of Board meetings. Coordinate Board meeting arrangements when a quorum will be present and work with General Counsel to ensure compliance with the Open Public Meeting Act. Provide administrative support to the GM. Act as the first point of contact for the General Manager’s office, and coordinate and prioritize incoming information and communication for action. Manage, prioritize, and monitor executive-level workflow and office processes to ensure issues are handled expeditiously and professionally and deadlines are met.
Associate’s Degree in a business related curriculum or the equivalent is preferred, and five years’ demonstrated successful experience providing advanced and diversified administrative support to senior management personnel and/or elected officials.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Broad and comprehensive knowledge of administrative support and office management practices and procedures
• Regulatory requirements and Board policies related to Board conduct, actions and decisions
• District operations, services, and organizational structure
• General knowledge of the utility industry
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Social perceptiveness
• Very strong organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong planning and coordination skills
• Strong computer and technology skills
• Strong keyboarding skills, demonstrated by the ability to type 40 wpm net of errors
• Elicit cooperation, trust, and support from others, and coordinate the work and efforts of others
• Deal with confidential and highly sensitive situations with discretion, tact, and diplomacy
• Work efficiently, accurately, and independently with little or infrequent direction
• Balance and seamlessly prioritize a large number of assignments amid competing deadlines and changing priorities
• Resourceful and proactive approach to problem solving
• Flexible and adaptable to change
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to submit a resume and cover letter addressing specific related experience in C-level support roles, office management and diverse administrative functions. To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one WORD or PDF document before applying and upload to our online application process under Careers at chelanpud.org before July 10, 2017.
Incomplete or single document materials will not be considered.
Questions? Contact Ruth Erwert, Recruiting Manager at (509) 661-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the position.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. EO M/F/Disability/Vet
Posting End Date: July 10, 2017