Website Eugene Water & Electric Board
This recruitment will remain open until filled and may close at any time without prior notice in order to proceed in the selection process. The initial review will begin on Friday, February 19, 2021, and interested individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Eugene Water & Electric Board is currently seeking a Support Services Operations Manager who reports to the Chief Operations Officer and is responsible to plan and manage activities and departments that provide direct support of service delivery operations through oversight of routine and non-routine operations and operational support functions.
This leadership role will manage a team of approximately 60 employees through direct reports overseeing the following functions: utility labor support (flagging/locating), facilities maintenance, security, fleet, GIS mapping, CAD services, telecommunications, environmental and property and possibly other cross-functional teams.
Operations Managers are also responsible for:
- Long and short-term planning and execution of work related to capital improvement projects, work asset management, engineering master plans and, emergency response and operational resiliency efforts.
- Establishing operational performance indicators, monitoring progress against plans and directing adjustments as necessary.
- Ensuring operations are appropriately resourced in terms of both financial and human capital.
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and that work is conducted in accordance with EWEB safety standards, Board and organizational policies and guidelines, and occupational best-practices.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of and direct experience in:
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans.
- Managing resources and budgets for multiple work groups. Managing facilities and vehicle fleets.
- Large scale construction projects and associated support and resource requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with regional, state, and federal regulatory requirements related to assigned support groups (ODOT, FERC, NERC, DEQ, DPSST, etc.).
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum Experience: Ten years of progressively responsible work experience in a directly related functional area, which includes five years of direct supervision and at least three years of divisional management over multiple operational groups OR an equivalent combination of professional, senior, lead, or project management experience may satisfy the management requirement. Experience managing multi-disciplinary support groups in a utility, construction operations, or public works highly desirable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a directly related technical field or an equivalent combination of education or journey-level certification plus additional job related experience may be qualifying.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying.
EWEB offers a generous benefits package including:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (EWEB pays 95% of premiums for employees and 75% of premiums for eligible dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Account (VEBA) and Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Wellness Program with up to $750 in program incentives
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Public Employee Retirement and IAP plans
- Voluntary Deferred Compensation Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary supplemental benefit plans
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday pay
- Membership at EWEB Employee Credit Union
- Relocation/House Hunting reimbursement package for qualifying candidate
To apply for this job please visit www.eweb.org.