Company Name: PUD No. 1 of Okanogan County
Phone Number: (509) 422-8471
Job Title: Environmental Coordinator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: November 17, 2017
Salary: Grade 11: DOE
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
A. Job Summary
The position encompasses duties of both the Generation and Environmental Departments including: managing a Dam Safety program; providing compliance for a FERC hydropower license; and oversees engineering design and construction; obtaining permits and aiding in compliance activities associated with hazardous materials, used oil, TSCA regulations and related topics.
- Manages and implements Dam Safety Plans, Emergency Action Plan, and other associated documents
- Directs consultants engaged in hydropower engineering activities
- Oversee engineering projects including surveying roads, facilities, and other infrastructure
- Maintain compliance activities of the District’s FERC licensed hydroelectric project
- Implement environmental activities and plans, such as hydrology studies, recreational plans, cultural resource review, etc.
- Develop and manage environmental engineering and construction projects, subject to fish and wildlife regulations
- Obtain and track environmental permitting with various local, state, federal, and tribal entities
- Working knowledge of SEPA and NEPA
- Safety First: Develop and maintain a working knowledge and comply with all safety procedures
- Develop and track contracts
- Develop and maintain Okanogan PUD policies to comply with federal and state regulations
- Assist with compliance of hazardous materials, waste, and TSCA regulations
- Develop and maintain District Operations/Administration Manuals
- Develop and submit required reports
- Proven ability for accurate compliance implementation, reporting, and training
- Working knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and outside agency staff
- Must have ability to prioritize and perform job duties and, with a minimum of supervision, be able to make decisions compatible with previous instructions.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office).
- Must be willing and able to work after hours for emergencies.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S., B.A.) in a science technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field; or
- Five (5) years’ experience in Dam Safety Management
- Desired Preferences:
- Licensed Civil Engineer
- Engineer in Training Certificate
- Five years’ experience in civil engineering work or equivalent
- Five years’ experience related to FERC hydroelectric permitting, implementation and compliance, and/or other utility related environmental permitting
- Three years’ experience in utility related project and construction management experience
- Current Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL)
- Experience with Washington State public contract law, management and control.
How to Apply:
Please see www.okanoganpud.org for job description, requirements, and submit application with resume and cover letter. Okanogan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Posting End Date: December 31, 2017