Company Name: Modesto Irrigation District
Phone Number: (209) 526-7341
Job Title: Environmental Compliance Officer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: June 8, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular vacancy to administer District-wide environmental compliance programs to ensure District compliance with federal, state and county regulations.
Any Qualified Individual May Apply. This is an exempt position and is part of the Administrative, Technical, and Clerical Bargaining Unit. The list established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill other Environmental Compliance Officer vacancies within the District that may occur through June 1, 2019.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer, facilitate and monitor implementation of District environmental health and hazardous materials and waste programs
- Research federal, state and county regulations and make presentations to management regarding hazardous material/waste compliance
- Plan, direct, track, supervise and coordinate the storage, transportation and disposal of the Districts’ generated waste
- Review and recommend facility contracts for transportation, waste disposal and recycling; schedule, plan and conduct environmental inspections of District facilities
- Coordinate hazardous waste acceptance, sampling, labeling, accumulation, transportation and disposal
- Compile records and complete reports for regulatory agencies
- Coordinate, conduct, and track required employee environmental training
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of District safety procedures
- Respond to emergency situations involving hazardous materials or related emergencies at District facilities
Other Related Duties
Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:
High school diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a major in business administration, engineering, environmental science, industrial hygiene, hazardous materials or related field.
Two (2) years increasingly responsible experience in the administration of hazardous materials/wastes programs. Experience with an electric or irrigation utility preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of related federal, state and county regulations that pertain to hazardous materials/wastes; fundamentals in methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report presentation
- Ability to prepare clear, complete and concise written reports and records; Title 22, California Code of Regulations; ability to effectively administer hazardous materials/wastes programs; ability to communicate effectively; ability to solve complex problems; follow oral/written instructions; maintain confidentiality; work cooperatively with co-workers and outside agency staff.
Must have a valid California Class C driver license.
How to Apply:
FOR A DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.MID.ORG/CAREERS.
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application and responses to the attached supplemental questionnaire. In addition, a resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended. Apply immediately. Position will be open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual’s skills through (1) oral interview; and (2) reference checks to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the recruitment in order to continue in the selection process.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact Human Resources at (209) 526-7341. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED AND APPLICABLE HIGHER EDUCATION DEGREE, PASS A MEDICAL EXAM INCLUDING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN, AND A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK.
Posting End Date: July 8, 2018