Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 9, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to provide mapping, drafting and facilities management using the District’s GIS system and AutoCAD drawings.
Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Ensure the accuracy of District maps with respect to property, customer data, electrical and broadband facilities and equipment by reconciling information gathered from various District documents, processes, and people.
- Maintain complete records of work orders, permits, property, and easements by drawing, scanning, posting, and inputting data and related information into the GIS, CIS, and Financial systems.
- Support District operations by running pre-defined queries and producing comprehensive map products using GIS applications.
- Produce timely and accurate survey information, such as locating property boundaries, corners, section marks, monuments, as well as topological survey products including the creation of plan and profile by using GPS and traditional survey equipment.
- Deliver accurate and timely records to internal and external customers by using GIS/CAD systems to produce and update drawings of substations, construction standards, equipment, and building layouts.
- Support providing customer electrical service by anticipating needs, resolving minor field problems, conducting trench and temporary service inspections, and maintaining current knowledge of District rates, policies, NESC, WAC, basic electrical theory/application.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- AA – Engineering Technology, Geographical Information Systems, or related technical degree program; relevant experience and college level coursework may substitute for degree.
- 2 to 3 years utility Engineering/GIS Technician experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ArcGIS Desktop or equivalent
- AutoCAD or equivalent
- Microsoft Office
- Customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
Licensing or Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Valid First Aid and CPR certification or obtain within 12 months of hire.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD website (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Posting End Date: April 30, 2018