Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7395
Job Title: Engineering Technician I – Locator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: July 21, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Under the direction of the Chief Electrical Engineer or designee, provides technical support for field and office engineering involving routine and repetitive aspects in one or more of the following areas: drafting, traffic operations, development review, utility locating, surveying assistance, construction inspection, materials inspections, data entry or other related technical support work.
This position is largely responsible for City’s utility locating function which will require outdoor work year round. The secondary function is AutoCAD work along with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by one (1) year of college-level course work in electrical engineering, engineering technology, or closely related field.
- Three (3) years of responsible office support experience.
- Proficiency at a basic level in Microsoft Office Software, with a working knowledge of engineering drafting software.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary skills and abilities for an individual to be successful performing the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license upon hire date
- Obtain and maintain Flagger certification within six (6) months of hire date.
- Intermediate knowledge of GIS mapping systems.
- Ability to work outdoors year around.
- Previous experience operating clamp-on, induction, or direct connect locating equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of City of Richland streets.
- Must be able to work alone and be self directed.
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Outlook.
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained and filed online at: http://www.ci.richland.wa.us.
Deadline to apply is Thursday, August 4, 2016.
Applicants for this position should be prepared for skills testing and interviews mid to late August 2016.
Posting End Date: August 4, 2016