Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7395
Job Title: Engineering Technician IV (Energy Services)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: November 27, 2017
Salary: $61,484.80 - $92,227.20
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Hours
Performs complex technical work in project management, engineering drafting/design, right of way acquisitions, construction inspection, utilities, or plans examination for a variety of projects in accordance with the accepted principles and practices of electrical engineering; performs routine and non-routine work under limited supervision; demonstrates the ability to apply a broad base of knowledge within one or more areas of technical specialization; provides significant analytical support in the exploration of alternative courses of action or methods by which to accomplish tasks, and provides mentoring, training, and guidance to other coworkers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, engineering technology, design/drafting, or closely related field.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in electrical engineering, utility distribution systems, construction inspection, right of way acquisition procedures, utility projects, or low voltage utility system projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, AutoCAD drafting and ESRI GIS.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver’s license upon hire date.
- Valid Traffic Control Flagger certification within six (6) months of hire date.
Posting End Date: December 11, 2017