Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7395
Job Title: Engineering Technician III
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: November 6, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Under the direction of the Chief Electrical Engineer or designee, performs complex and specialized technical work in the fields of utility engineering, utility locating, or construction inspection; possesses technical expertise in a variety of engineering related disciplines; performs significant but standardized engineering functions requiring some independent decision making; exercises independent judgment in selecting specific work methods and techniques; handles semi-routine and non-routine assignments using diversified procedures or precedents, frequently initiating changes to achieve desired results; works independently or possibly leads a small group of Engineering Technicians I and II having the authority to make decisions within pre-established specialized standards and substantially diversified procedures.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering, engineering technology, design/drafting, or closely related field.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible experience in electrical engineering, engineering technology, utility projects, or low voltage utility system projects, with at least two (2) years of experience in design and drafting, construction inspections, materials inspection or related technical engineering work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, AutoCAD drafting and ESRI GIS.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver’s license upon hire date.
- Valid Traffic Control Flagger certification within six (6) months of hire date.
- Experience developing staking design of electrical distribution systems using GeoDigital Stakeout or similar
- Experience providing technical information, explaining policies and procedures to public, in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Staking certification
- Knowledge and experience with project management
How to Apply:
Apply by filling out an application online on the City of Richland’s website www.ci.richland.wa.us.
Supplemental Information: Selection will be based on overall qualifications, skills testing commensurate to the position, and an interview process. Final candidate(s) selected will be required to pass a comprehensive background/reference check.
Posting End Date: November 20, 2017