Company Name: KLJ
Phone Number: (701) 271-2101
State/Provence: North Dakota
Job Title: Engineering Technician II
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: October 26, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Provide technical and field support services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- Construction observation, construction staking, and surveying
- Assist with design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, schedules, estimates, data collection, and documents and agreements as needed
- Use CAD software and equipment to prepare and revise technical drawings using company established standard procedures
- Provide quality control by reviewing completed work to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Communicate consistently with the project manager, client and contractor
- Read and interpret construction plans to assist with client management and effectively communicate to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Mentor, lead and direct others
- Become familiar with the plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately
- Keep up-to-date with CADD equipment, software, and training to improve CAD efficiency and accuracy.
- May obtain rights-of-way
- May obtain federal, state, and county permits
- May spot service locations
An Associate’s degree in drafting technology or a related field and 5-10 years of experience is required.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 50% of time spent in the office and 50% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
- Frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Posting End Date: November 24, 2017