Company Name: Mason County PUD No. 1
Phone Number: (360) 877-5249
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 25, 2018
Salary: Union Scale
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.)
- Map water and wastewater system components on the computer.
- Develop and update individual system maps and overall water and wastewater maps.
- Work with District engineers to create/modify engineering designs of water and wastewater systems and facilities.
- Understand and use computer-aided drafting system.
- Understand and use global positioning system.
- Track water usage for all water systems.
- Track water quality for all water systems.
- Prepare work orders for capital improvements, new services, and service upgrades.
- Create invoices for water and wastewater sales and services.
- Work with Director and customer service when new service is requested.
- Perform paperwork associated with job functions.
- Check and adjust chlorine levels at chlorinated water systems.
- Submit monthly chlorination reports to state Department of Health.
- Locate water lines and valves for utilities and contractors (one-call locates) with use of computerized maps.
- Assist in maintaining water quality by taking water samples.
- Assist in warehousing materials and stock trucks with needed materials. Responsible for use, care, and security of tools, vehicles, equipment, and materials utilized.
- Must be able to get along with and work effectively with coworkers, management team, and the public.
- Properly retain and manage public records created by this position according to Washington State retention schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Union Scale $18.73 – $27.21 DOE. Excellent benefits package including family medical & life insurance, LTD, retirement, & health reimbursement account.
Education and/or Experience:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Two-year drafting or engineering technician degree from an accredited community college, technical college, or other approved program.
- Preferred Experience:
- Three (3) years’ experience working in the utility engineering or civil engineering field.
- Water/Wastewater Technician experience preferred- Water Distribution Manager Level 1 (WDM 1).
- Years of equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a two-year technical degree.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Must possess, or obtain within six months of hire, a valid Washington State-approved industrial First Aid card and a Flagging and Traffic Control card.
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and application visit www.mason-pud1.org. Applications are required for consideration and due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 25, 2018 to: Mason PUD 1 Human Resources, 21971 N. Hwy 101, Shelton, WA 98584.
Posting End Date: May 25, 2018