Company Name: Springfield Utility Board
Phone Number: (541) 726-2398
Job Title: Engineering Tech
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: March 24, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Please visit our website at http://www.subutil.com/jobs/ to read the ESC Engineering Technician 1-3 job description prior to applying for this position to learn about its duties and responsibilities. It will also list the required minimum qualifications and physical and mental requirements for the position.
The ESC Engineering Technician 1 – 3 position is responsible for the preparation of designs, estimates, studies and reports for new and existing facilities. This position will work with developers, consultants and other public agencies, contractors and various crews. Performs other duties as assigned.
Movement through the ESC Engineering Technician levels 1, 2 and 3 is based upon satisfactory performance, demonstrated proficiency in knowledge, skills and abilities at each level and years of service. Position starts at Engineering Technician 1.
- Supports and models behavior to promote the Mission and Core Values of SUB to staff and customers.
- Develops and maintains professionalism and effective teamwork in the performance of job duties.
- Maintains reliable and predictable attendance.
- Works with customers, contractors and developers on processing electrical requests.
- Creates designs, plans, layouts and estimates costs for the installation and maintenance of distribution facilities for new customers.
- Creates designs, plans, layouts and estimates costs for the installation and maintenance of fiber optic facilities.
- Creates designs, plans, layouts and estimates costs for minor maintenance projects, including underground cable replacement, pole change out, cross arm change outs, etc.
- Creates designs, plans, layouts and estimates costs for the installation, removal and maintenance of meter projects for customers.
- Uses AutoCAD in creating designs, plans and layouts for projects.
- Regularly communicates, coordinates and actively participates in meetings with engineers, line foremen and crews throughout construction projects and takes responsibility for project outcomes.
- Regularly communicates, coordinates and actively participates in meetings with contract foremen and crews throughout construction projects and takes responsibility for project outcomes.
- Learns, accepts and adapts to planned and unplanned changes in work processes and work flows in a proactive and positive manner.
- Assists in managing joint use pole contact agreements.
- Assists in managing street light and private light agreements.
- Assists in the review or development of construction, engineering and material standards.
- Reviews the completed work order for differences between the design and the as-built. Verifies that work is performed to company specifications and National Electrical Safety Code (NESC).
- Performs detailed inspections of overhead facilities for compliance with NESC.
- Maintains valid Oregon driver’s license and good driving and safety record.
- Two years of applicable electric utility experience as related to the Essential Functions; or technical/engineering work or academic experience as related to the Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities for an Engineering Tech 1 may substitute.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Engineering Tech 1 – Works under close supervision
- Demonstrated aptitude or knowledge in math, science, engineering, construction or other technical disciplines
- Demonstrated experience (industry or academic) in designing basic level projects in AutoCAD
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate orally and in writing with staff, supervisors and customers on a daily basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel; basic Access knowledge
- Basic problem solving skills within scope of assigned tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to complete assigned work
- Must manage a moderate number of concurrent multiple projects from multiple sources and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Submitting Your Application Materials
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position. We appreciate the time and effort you spend in submitting your application materials.
The following application materials are required:
Completed SUB Application for Employment. You can complete the application online at http://www.subutil.com/jobs/. Upon completion, please print and sign the application.
This position is Open Until Filled. To ensure full consideration, your application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2017 at the address below:
Human Resources / P.O. Box 300 / 223 “A” Street, Suite H / Springfield, OR 97477
Office hours: Monday-Friday / 8:00am-5:00pm
Posting End Date: April 14, 2017