Company Name: Mason County PUD 3
Phone Number: (360) 426-8255
Job Title: Engineering Services Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 10, 2018
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Mason County PUD 3 is proud to be the first diamond rated utility in Washington State by the American Public Power Association (APPA). As a diamond level RP3 utility, PUD 3 is committed to always providing safe, reliable, economical service, 24/7.
The Engineering Services Supervisor will be responsible to move work processes along, ensuring completion of jobs in a timely manner and provide solutions for customer problems and concerns.
- Review customer plans, advising customers on technical requirements and options for service requests.
- Prepare construction work plans and cost estimates for electrical line extensions and new or altered service connects.
- Conduct onsite investigations to examine electrical service status and requirements.
- Develop designs for system improvement and highway relocation work.
- Prepare electrical designs for distribution upgrades and system improvement projects.
- Work closely with and support engineering staff and other District departments by coordinating workflow to ensure prompt completion of jobs and solving customer problems.
- Supervise engineering designers and engineering support staff.
Knowledge skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact in a courteous and respectful manner with the general public and employees, using excellent human relations skills as a representative of the District.
- Knowledge in use of surveying equipment, ability to read & interpret drawings, maps, legal documents, surveys and property descriptions.
- Ability to understand and apply the District’s engineering standards, policies, materials, specifications, and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply Washington Administrative Codes (WAC’s), WA State requirements for building codes and permitting.
- Ability to understand District’s engineering standards, policies, materials, specifications, and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of tools and equipment used in the engineering department.
- Must have math skills relating to distribution line design and surveying.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; preferred emphasis in power.
- Ten (10) years substantial experience in engineering, planning, design, installation and maintenance with the electric utility industry with five (5) years in a management capacity is required.
- Current Washington State Professional Engineer (PE) license (other state PE may substitute but must have ability to acquire a WA State PE within six months of hire).
Posting End Date: July 10, 2018