Company Name: Lewis County PUD
Phone Number: (360) 748-9261
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: June 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40+ Week
Work Time Type: Hours
The Engineering Manager directs and supervises the activities of the engineering department, coordinates construction and maintenance projects with the Operations department to ensure the District’s electrical and communications systems are designed and constructed with industry best practices and in compliance with District policies and applicable government standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ensure the District’s electrical and communications systems are designed and constructed in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and policies of the District.
- Perform engineering analysis, including but not limited to system protection and coordination, substation, load allocations, system optimization, fault study, communication, and automation.
- Develop materials specifications and coordinate procurement with purchasing department.
- Coordinate with engineering consultants and other District engineer’s transmission, distribution and communication system analyses and improvements.
- Ensure that the District’s electrical system is adequately designed to meet customer needs.
- Develop the capital improvement program and incorporate program priorities into the annual engineering budget.
- Respond to underground cable fault locates.
- Conduct field investigations to examine transmission and distribution system status and requirements.
- Consult with customers regarding service policies and requirements, and recommend courses of action, procedures, and costs of electric service.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships within the District, including community and government agencies.
- Represent the District in various policy and technical forums.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in engineering or related field; and 7 to 10 years of experience in utility engineering activities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
Must have a valid Driver’s license. Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Washington or ability to obtain within 5 years.
How to Apply:
For a complete list of job requirements and how to apply please visit our website at www.lcpud.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting End Date: June 15, 2017