Company Name: Mason County PUD 3
Phone Number: (360) 426-8255
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: July 18, 2016
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Mason County PUD 3 is proud to be the first diamond rated utility in Washington State by the American Public Power Association (APPA). As a diamond level RP3 utility, PUD 3 is committed to always providing safe, reliable, economical service, 24/7.
Mason County PUD 3
Deadline: Until Filled
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the management, planning and development of the District’s utility electrical and telecommunication systems, including supervision of engineering and telecommunications staff, budgeting, and assistance in development of PUD policy. This position must have a thorough knowledge of local, state and federal laws, regulations and safety codes to direct and coordinate the design, construction, and system protection of the District’s electrical and telecommunications systems ensuring that system reliability is maintained within the District’s objectives and system performance goals.
Knowledge skills and Abilities:
- Technical proficiency to work with multiple operating programs including MS Office, NISC and NISC’s outage management system (OMS), MapWise, SCADA software and L&G command center software
- Working knowledge of NESC, WAC, ANSI, IEEE and NEC as well as local state and federal laws and regulations impacting areas of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to interact with all levels of the organization and general public.
- Use excellent organizational and administrative skills in documentation, prioritization, and project management, with ability to coordinate a variety of responsibilities and activities simultaneously.
- Use independent and discretionary judgment to analyze and solve problems at all times.
- Strong leadership and supervisory capabilities to effectively manage personnel while fostering a positive organizational culture.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; preferred emphasis in power.
- Ten (10) years substantial experience in engineering, planning, design, installation and maintenance with the electric utility industry with five (5) years in a management capacity is required.
- Current Washington State Professional Engineer (PE) license (other state PE may substitute but must have ability to acquire a WA State PE within six months of hire).
Posting End Date: September 16, 2016