Company Name: Okanogan PUD
Phone Number: (509) 422-8471
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 13, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Public Utility District No. 1 of Okanogan County is seeking an Engineering Manager. We are committed to provide dependable, not-for-profit public utility services governed by, and for the benefit of, our customers in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
Position is open until filled.
A. Job Summary
The Engineering Manager reports to the Director of Engineering & Operations and is responsible for: supervising the Engineering department, performing distribution system planning; substation, transmission, and distribution design; operation of electrical system; engineering studies and projects; technical support; engineering standards and specifications; and performance of other duties as required. This person will work very closely with the Construction Design Manager and Operations Manager, providing backup during personal leave and to otherwise balance workloads.
B. Essential Functions
- Supervision: Responsible for setting goals, monitoring progress, providing training, guidance for Engineering department; and fostering a team atmosphere.
- System planning: Responsible for the overall planning and design to ensure efficient, safe and reliable operation of District substation, transmission and distribution facilities.
- Perform or direct substation, transmission and distribution system design: Work with the Construction Design Manager and Operations Manager to identify system improvement projects. Interpret scope and requirements of projects, develop alternatives, economic evaluations, evaluate environmental impacts, recommend action, implementation and project management. Incorporate these projects into a long term planning document for inclusion in the Districts Equity Management Plan.
- Operation of electrical system: Determine voltage control settings, relay settings, equipment sizing. Continual review of system operation to ensure adequate delivery voltage, proper coordination and that equipment operates within ratings. Design and implement solutions to electrical system problems. Work with field personnel to resolve operational/engineering issues. Manage SCADA master station and attached IED devices.
- Engineering Studies and Projects: Perform or direct system studies for current and future transmission/distribution lines. Model feeders, load flow, voltage, fault current, VAr flow and loss analysis. Design and analyze protection settings and coordination. SCADA, AMR, grounding systems, control circuits and electrical equipment. Transmission line and distribution substation siting. Work to solve and prevent problems related to customer interface including motor start, harmonic loads and other power quality problems.
- Technical support: Provide engineering support for District employees, residential, commercial, irrigation, and industrial customers. Review and recommend system design changes to engineering personnel to ensure proper operation of District facilities.
- Engineering standards and specifications: Specify equipment, engineering and construction practices. Perform detailed engineering evaluation of system disturbances. Determine electrical and mechanical requirements for equipment purchases. Prepare specifications and bid documents. Make decisions on purchase and construction practices. Responsible for maintaining substation drawings and documents.
- Performance of other duties as required: Includes performing after-hours standby duty on a rotating basis; membership on job-related committees; represent District in contacts with general public, land developers, contractors, utilities and agencies.
- Research and prepare yearly budget for section.
- Travel/unusual working conditions: Attend local and regional meetings as required. May be required to work beyond regular workday and/or on call, as in the event of an outage.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Professional Engineer’s License required.
- Eight (8) years electric utility experience.
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management or MBA preferred.
How to Apply:
Please see www.okanoganpud.org for job description, requirements, and to submit application with resume. Okanogan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Posting End Date: July 13, 2016