Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Engineering 1 or 2-Customer Acquisition
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: September 23, 2016
Salary: Grade 18/20
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Purpose of Position:
Oversee research, design engineering, planning and coordination of projects. Provide design and project management expertise for NW Natural’s Customer Acquisition projects and special projects as required. Ensure service continuity and fulfillment of installation commitments while meeting customer needs, cost objectives, governmental requirements, and safety and engineering standards. Requires close coordination and participation in planning and implementation with the Customer Acquisition Department.
Position Essential Functions:
• Oversees design engineering, planning, coordination, and monitoring of Customer Acquisition projects. Provides cost analysis of alternatives to determine cost effective installation practices and programs.
• Responsible for special projects and technical studies from planning to final completion.
• Provides design and project management expertise for NW Natural’s programs and special projects.
• Maintains ongoing communication with local and state permit and regulatory agencies and contractors to protect the Company’s interest and coordinate construction activities. Responds to a variety of inquiries/concerns from customer, Company personnel or the general public; resolves by coordinating necessary resources.
• Reviews and approves construction drawings within the territory to ensure engineering standards are followed. Coordinates with office and field personnel to optimize the use of resources
• Assists in the assessment of new opportunities related to Customer Acquisition.
• Assists in program design and developing program evaluation and implementation plans.
• Structuring and negotiating supplier, partnership and alliance opportunities.
• Assists in the development and analysis of strategic and business plans.
• This position may require travel.
• Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management, focus on mechanical or civil engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Engineering (Level 1) requires 1-3 years of experience Engineering (Level 2) requires 3+ years of experience including construction-related or utility construction/installation experience, required.
• Ability to register as a Professional Engineer (PE) is highly desired.
• Business planning and development experience preferred.
• Understanding of Utility Regulation and Rate structure desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role overseeing and coordinating complex planning and project implementation programs.
• Ability to plan and effectively manage a wide variety of projects.
• Demonstrated skill in organizing multiple tasks and managing time effectively to meet deadlines and balance priorities consistent with Company strategies and goals.
• Knowledge and experience in the application of the following: federal pipeline safety rules, American Public Works Association, construction standards, and OSHA regulations desired.
• Requires ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, government representatives and contractor personnel on technical matters governing projects.
• Ability to develop new approaches and procedures.
• Strong writing skills including technical documentation and report preparation.
• Ability to visit and access construction and other work site locations as required.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. Must obtain a valid Oregon/Washington driver’s license within 90 days if current valid license is from another state.
• Subject to random drug testing.
Salary Range: $58,450-$71,600-$84,750 (Engineering 1 – Grade 18) or $69,500-$85,150-$100,800 (Engineering 2 – Grade 20)
How to Apply:
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: October 7, 2016
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
Posting End Date: October 7, 2016