Engineer I – Water & Wastewater Systems

Company Name: PUD #1 of Clallam County
Phone Number: (360) 565-3452
City: Carlsborg
State/Provence: Washington
Zip: 98324
Job Title: Engineer I – Water & Wastewater Systems
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 25, 2017
Salary: $5,245 - $7,439
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours

We are seeking an Engineer I who will be responsible for accomplishing engineering functions related to the construction and maintenance of the District’s water and wastewater systems. This individual will also assist in short and long range water and wastewater system planning to facilitate accomplishment of the District’s mission and goals. Other job duties include assisting in the management of the Water and Wastewater System Department personnel and equipment in a manner that ensures maximum continuity of service, and safe, efficient and economic operation of the systems.

Experience Required:

Education, Experience and Training:

  • Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or field related to water/wastewater required.
  • Engineer-In-Training Certificate required.
  • Professional Engineer License preferred.
  • Must have or must obtain certification by State of Washington Department of Health as:
    • Water Distribution Manager II — to be obtained within twelve months of employment in this position.
    • Cross-Connection Control Specialist I — to be obtained within thirty-six months of employment in this position.
  • A minimum of two years successful supervisory training and experience is preferred.
  • Must have experience with the use of personal computer applications associated with this position, including word processing, spreadsheet, data base and Auto CAD and GIS programs.
  • Knowledge of water and wastewater state of the art technology preferred.

Other Requirements:

  • Must pass a District physical examination and be able to perform essential job functions.
  • Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license and a safe driving record. Employees moving from out of state must obtain a Washington State license in accordance with Washington State
  • Must wear and utilize personal protective equipment as required.
How to Apply:

An application packet, job description and additional information about our company may be retrieved from our website at Contact us at 360-565-3276. EOE

Posting End Date: June 23, 2017