Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Phone Number: (425) 462-3536
Job Title: Engineer – Substation Electrical #87093
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: January 11, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Multi-Levels Engineer – Substation Electrical #87093
Puget Sound Energy’s Substation Electrical Assembly department is looking for an Engineer or Associate Engineer, depending on experience, to join our team.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with preparing complex engineering plans, designs, specifications, standards, evaluations and studies with an emphasis on analytical skills and unique problems. This position will plan and develop project budgets with appropriate documentation and communicate solutions to personnel possessing a wide variety of educational and employment backgrounds, and be able to ensure compliance with codes, standards, and design, operation, and maintenance requirements and ensure that problem solutions are tailored to PSE’s business environment. The ideal candidate would have significant substation electrical layout and assembly experience with 230kV, 115kV and 12.5kV open-air substations and 115kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS). Other tasks for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Mentor and train other engineers and technicians on plant electrical systems
- Propose recommendations for electrical system upgrades and design improvements
- Prepare specifications and drawings as well as evaluate vendor project proposals
- Support field operations during project construction
- Support emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures
- Lead project technical teams
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
ENGINEER LEVEL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field
- 3-7 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
- Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER LEVEL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering discipline.
- Entry level to 3 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
- Experience working within the utility industry.
- Experience working with both internal and external customers on projects..
- Possession of EIT certificate and ability to acquire PE license
- Knowledge of engineering economics and analysis.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: February 9, 2018