Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-2750
Job Title: Engineer I, Service & Design Project Manager
Number of Openings: 5
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 4, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Functions in a junior level engineer capacity, under close supervision. Learns and performs basic engineering functions. Assists senior-level engineers in providing sound engineering solutions for both transmission and distribution line designs. Develop designs for new overhead transmission and overhead and underground distribution facilities as well as upgrades and maintenance of existing facilities. Provide technical support to construction crews in the field.
Provide transmission and distribution project management expertise resulting in cost effective, reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections. Provide internal/external customer consultation and project coordination that meets project needs consistent with company Tariff, Design Standards, NESC requirements and applicable codes.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from ABET accredited engineering program is required.
- A minimum of 2 years in a related field such as utility, energy or construction is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Office and AutoCAD. Microsoft Access and ArcFM preferred.
- Experience in design using PLS-CADD preferred
- Experience with electric overhead and underground distribution design is preferred.
- Experience in any of the following is desired: underground duct bank and vault design, erosion and sediment control design, site grading and access road design.
- Course work in the following topics preferred: Statics, Strengths of Materials, Wood Design, Steel Design, and Electrical Fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of engineering and economic principles and concepts.
Posting End Date: May 4, 2017