Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: ENGINEER II/III Protection (R16-713)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: March 15, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Plan, design and set protective relays and their logic schemes for transmission, distribution, and generation systems. Provide protection engineering support services to field personnel, substation and generation design personnel and distribution regions. Perform fault studies and operational analysis of system events.
You will support our journey by:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute large scale substation QA and testing activities.
- Develop functional testing plans and support testing and construction crews with implementation.
- Document and communicate commissioning and testing activities with all affected PGE departments.
- Perform system fault analysis to determine project relay requirements and protective relay settings.
- Provide recommendations, guidance and direction to design staff on project protection requirements and protection scheme functionality for substations and power plants
- Review control and protection schematics for accuracy, providing comments and support to substation and generation design staff.
- Provide relay settings for new relay installations and for vintage relay replacements.
- Ensure that protection systems meet system requirements, applicable codes and regulatory requirements.
- Plan and perform assignments requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, modification and application of engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Analyze and perform complex technical studies, prepare reports and provide solutions to complex technical matters.
- Review work performed by other engineers.
- Partner with automation engineers to implement efficient, reliable substation control & protection systems.
- Provide support to Testing & Energization engineers and Meter/Relay/SCADA technicians for relay testing and maintenance activities.
- Provide support to Communications engineers for new construction activities
- Provide support to operational personnel for switching and load restoration activities.
- Provide support to regional engineers on line recloser settings and feeder protection.
- Provide support to Power Supply Engineering Services for generation plant and distributed generation protection design and settings.
- Maintain a high level of engineering proficiency within the field of specialization and maintain up to date technical knowledge of all current techniques, applicable codes and regulations.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Typically requires a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Engineer License.
- Typically requires 8 years experience in engineering and design for utility systems and/or generation.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in problem solving and analysis.
- Skill and knowledge in specialized protection software and data base management.
- Effective at building professional interdepartmental relationships
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-713. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: April 21, 2017