Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Engineer III, Transmission Planning
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 12, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 7, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Engineer III, Transmission Planning
Perform the transmission planning studies and engineering analyses for PGE’s transmission system, and make recommendations which ensure compliance with the NERC reliability standards. Document study results and develop capital improvements consistent with PGE’s asset management strategy. Coordinate efforts with PGE’s compliance organization and company engineers. Participate in regional/sub-regional workgroups and effectively represent PGE’s interests to external stakeholders. This position requires ability to use power system simulation software applications.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- A Minimum of four years of engineering experience with a Professional Engineering License (PE) or eight years of engineering experience without a PE license.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of the utility business.
- Working knowledge of T&D protection schemes and automation solutions.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules, regulations, and codes in the utility engineering field.
- Familiarity with utility design standards and work practices.
- Ability to use power system simulation software applications (e.g. PowerWorld and PSS/E).
- Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license or the ability to obtain a license.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-307. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 7, 2017