- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) required (the ability to obtain a PE in two years with be considered).
- Requires a minimum of five years of related engineering experience.
- Must be able to obtain the NERC Reliability Coordinator Certification.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE’s (or utility related) electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of protection schemes for substations and transmission/distribution facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to use real-time and off-line power-flow software applications.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules, regulations, and codes in the utility engineering field.
- Be familiar with and able to use high-level programming languages.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Have effective skills for interaction in-group presentation.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license or the ability to obtain a license.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-741 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral), Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/portland-general-electric)
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING