Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Engineer III, Transmission Operations (R18-210)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 20, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Engineer III, Transmission Operations (R18-210)
Provide engineering analysis and oversight for reliable operation of PGE’s transmission system. Maintain and analyze engineering system models and provide recommendations affecting real-time electrical system flows and parameters. Direct and authorize complex operational tasks affecting PGE electrical equipment, and serve a primary engineering contact for the Reliability Coordinator. Represent PGE in regional engineering workgroups and demonstrate compliance with applicable NERC/WECC reliability standards. This position requires on-call support for the System Control Center during non-business hours, especially during major storms or system events. Company-paid parking privileges at the WTC headquarter office will be made available for this position.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum four years of engineering experience with a Professional Engineering License (PE) or eight years of engineering experience without a PE license.
- Thorough knowledge of operating practices governing electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to use real-time and off-line power-flow software applications.
- Working knowledge of protection schemes for substations and transmission/distribution facilities.
- Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules, regulations, and codes in the utility engineering field.
- Be familiar with and able to use high-level programming languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective group presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain the NERC Reliability Coordinator Certification.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license or the ability to obtain a license.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-210. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 20, 2018