Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Engineer III, System Protection & Automation Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 2, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Perform the functions of a fully competent engineer under general direction by providing expertise for the conceptual design, programming and configuration development, testing, and commissioning of SCADA and Automation systems used in power utility substations and distribution systems. The work is all or part of broad and complex assignments, and consists of applying industrial and/or utility automation and SCADA standards for selecting and programming both field and central system components. Ensure substation integration and automation systems provide clear, concise, and real time operational field information for System Control Center Dispatch functions, which coordinates with EMS and Pi databases that are structured to match substation equipment. Ensure various systems are properly linked with EMS and Pi using applicable interfaces and protocols. At NERC critical asset sites ensure equipment and configuration meets CIP regulatory requirements.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A Professional Engineer license is preferred.
- Requires 5 or more years of experience in industrial automation, utility automation and/or SCADA experience.
- Thorough knowledge of communication and networking standards such as TIA/EIA RS-232 & RS-485, Fiber Optic and Ethernet.
- Excellent knowledge of SCADA protocols DNP 3.0, Modbus (Serial and TCP/IP), Modbus Plus, L&G 8979, OPC and ICCP.
- Thorough knowledge of Network design (TCI/IP and Modbus Plus) and OSI Layers.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networks, subnets and routing and network services and management tools such as SNTP, NTP, PPTP, and SNMP.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Java, VB, Python etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot SCADA protocol and SCADA network related issues.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-215. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 2, 2017