Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (360) 261-3191
Job Title: Engineer III, Elect
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: February 3, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Electrical Engineer IIII – Standards
Perform the functions of a fully competent Standards Engineer by providing engineering solutions to complex problems while minimizing costs and maximizing reliability. Provide engineering expertise in a broad range of assignments relating to transmission and distribution standards including: overhead/underground distribution design; construction practices and materials; transmission line design, construction practices, and materials. Recommend improvements in the areas of transmission and distribution (T&D) standards, operations, maintenance, and materials.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering.
- Five-plus years of responsible engineering experience required.
- A Professional Engineering license required.
- Knowledge and experience in operation and maintenance of PGE T&D system desired.
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of concepts and systems related to transmission and distribution.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Valid driver’s license.
Posting End Date: February 27, 2017