Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: ENGINEER III, ELECT R17-549
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: March 14, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Engineer III R17-549
Perform the functions of a substation electrical engineer by providing sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Develop and oversee designs for new substations and retrofit of existing facilities. Provide technical support to construction crews on department designs.
You will support our journey by:
- Provide quality assurance reviews of:
- Electrical physical designs
- Electrical control designs
- Substation automation and SCADA designs
- Equipment specifications
- Develop electrical physical designs for substations which include:
- Substation electrical arrangements, plans, and sections.
- High voltage bus designs and analysis.
- Grounding plans and analysis.
- Conduit and raceway plans.
- Substation yard lighting.
- Develop electrical control designs for substations which include:
- AC and DC control schematic diagrams.
- Equipment and control panel wiring diagrams.
- Control house and control panel design and layouts.
- Lighting controls.
- Develop substation automation and SCADA designs which include:
- RTU/PLC control schematics and wiring.
- Substation communications network layouts and block diagrams.
- Conceptual SCADA designs for new and existing facilities.
- Support transmission and distribution planning with:
- Locating new or expansion of existing substation facilities.
- Conceptual layout and design of substations.
- Cost estimates for design and construction of substations.
- Develop, maintain, and review equipment specifications for:
- Power circuit breakers and circuit switchers from 15kV through 230kV.
- Distribution and bulk power transformers.
- Transmission and distribution capacitor banks.
- 15kV metalclad switchgear.
- High voltage air-break disconnect switches.
- 115kV Gas Insulated Switchgear.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, with emphasis in power systems preferred.
- Typically requires five years of relevant engineering experience and a Professional Engineering License.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering/economics principles and concepts.
- Ability to review, evaluate and analyze technical information policies and reports.
- Demonstrated solid level of professional knowledge, skills, and proficiency with current tools and technologies.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-549. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: May 11, 2018