APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30th, 2017
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Engineer II (R17-445)
Provides engineering solutions to problems, recommending actions and consultation in the area of transmission engineering. Engineering involvement in all aspects of transmission line design for new construction, relocation, upgrades, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – Functions with percent of time spent performing function:
20% Provides transmission engineering and design guidance for transmission line projects ranging from 500 kV to 57 kV. Develop designs, plans, and specifications for transmission line capital and maintenance projects. Evaluate possible alternatives to meet both major and minor transmission line project requirements, including site preparation, foundation design, structure design, specifications, and material orders, addressing issues and concerns identified by PGE field personal or the public, etc.
30% Perform reactive engineering to emerging issues. This includes: jobs to repair damaged infrastructure, supporting external groups on complex designs,
5% Provide structural design and foundation design for transmission line projects including piers, caissons, and spread footings.
10% Initiate work orders and track expenditures as may be required to implement capital and maintenance project assignments.
15% Understands all applicable safety codes and design concepts pertaining to transmission lines including the NESC and Company design/construction standards.
5% Prepare budgetary cost estimates for transmission line projects to incorporate into the Company capital and O&M budget.
10% Coordinate and work with material manufacturers, contract construction resources, and Company personnel to ensure the integrity and completion of transmission line projects on schedule and within budget.
5% Work with Company surveyors on input to transmission line designs.
MINOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – Not critical, but needs to be done
- Assist Regions by providing technical support for transmission line projects.
- Assist UAM by providing technical support for wireless installations on transmission structures.
- Maintain transmission engineering documentation, maintenance database, and file system.
- Support substation civil engineering activities.
- Assist the Manager of Transmission Engineering & Specialized Design as directed.
COMMUNICATIONS – Description and reason for contacts
- PGE Management – Present reports and analyses, coordinate activities and develop strategies.
- PGE (Substation engineers, region engineers, line department, surveyors, designers) – Provide technical recommendations and direction, evaluate work products, and resolve issues.
- Other Utilities and Utility Organizations – Represent PGE interests and positions on issues, solicit and provide information on issues relating to Transmission Engineering as required.