APPLICATION DEADLINE: Post until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Engineer II/III Electrical (R17-633)
Design and set protective relays and their logic schemes for transmission, distribution, and generation systems. Provide protection engineering support services to field personnel, substation and generation design personnel and distribution regions. Perform fault studies and operational analysis of system events.
You will support our journey by:
- Perform system fault analysis to determine project relay requirements and protective relay settings.
- Review control and protection schematics for accuracy, providing comments and support to substation and generation design staff.
- Provide relay settings for new relay installations and vintage relay replacements.
- Ensure that protection systems meet system requirements, applicable codes and regulatory requirements.
- Perform assignments requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, modification and application of engineering principles, theories and concepts.
- Analyze and perform complex technical studies.
- Partner with automation engineers to implement efficient, reliable substation control & protection systems.
- Provide support to Testing & Energization engineers and Meter/Relay/SCADA technicians for relay testing and maintenance activities.
- Provide support to Communications engineers for new construction activities.
- Provide support to operational personnel for switching and load restoration activities.
- Provide support to regional engineers on line recloser settings and feeder protection.
- Provide support to Power Supply Engineering Services for generation plant and distributed generation protection design and settings.
- Maintain a high level of engineering proficiency within the field of specialization and maintain up to date technical knowledge of all current techniques, applicable codes and regulations.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.