Company Name: Monterey Bay Community Power
Phone Number: (916) 974-0199
Job Title: Energy Trading Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: November 14, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Energy Trading Manager works under supervision from the Director of Power Services and has a wide range of responsibilities associated with the power supply acquisition, short-term electricity trading and power portfolio management of Monterey Bay Community Power (MBCP).
The Energy Trading Manager plans, organizes, directs and supervises activities associated with resource planning, resource acquisition and energy portfolio and power management within MBCP. The incumbent also performs a variety of technical tasks relative to their assigned area of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
• Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives; establishes schedules and methods related to planning and acquiring power supply.
• Plans, prioritizes, assigns and reviews the work of staff involved in activities that support power supply acquisition and electricity trading.
• Evaluates operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; prepares monthly reports to the Risk Oversight committee.
• Participates in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations.
• Applies departmental forecasts in the determination of power supply requirements; manages integrated resource planning consistent with least cost and risk management objectives; develops and administers power supply related contracts.
• Oversees energy portfolio activities related to purchasing energy supplies to meet MBCP needs; establishes economic dispatch of existing resources within resource capability and system reliability constraints; executes future contracts and trades within established risk tolerances.
• Researches and monitors energy market trends and price movement and establishes market values.
• Ensures program compliance with Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations, including Renewable Portfolio Standard compliance.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge and abilities listed. Typically, equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, mathematics, economics or a related field and at least 5 years’ experience in resource management, energy trading and generation planning.
Compensation for this position ranges from $120,000–$180,000 commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is also offered as part of salaried employment.
How to Apply:
The position is open until filled. To be considered for this position, please submit a MBCP application, detailed
resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 Fax: 916-974-0224
Posting End Date: December 13, 2017