Company Name: Oregon Department of Energy
Phone Number: (503) 373-0051
Job Title: Energy Facility Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 16, 2018
Salary: $66,528.00 - $97,428.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The Oregon Department of Energy is recruiting for an Energy Facility Analyst in Salem, Oregon.
At ODOE, we’re driven by our mission to lead Oregon to a safe, clean, and sustainable energy future. We take this responsibility seriously, with a commitment to challenging work that makes a difference in the lives of Oregonians. We’re looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about making change through public service. We want people who get excited about new ideas, seeing projects through, and being part of a team. With about a hundred staff, our agency is made better through strong collaboration and communication. We recognize each other’s talents, respect each other’s diversity, and count on each other’s word. Above all, we have fun working together on behalf of the state. Energy is one of the most important, fastest-moving issues in Oregon today. Come join our team and work on dynamic issues that affect current and future generations of Oregonians.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing programs, assisting in selection and deployment of a commercial energy scoring system, standardized energy/building audit protocol, and assisting commercial sector stakeholders.
- Providing engineering level analysis and review of plans and designs of energy systems on capital construction projects to ensure maximum cost-effective energy efficiency is incorporated.
- Providing technical assistance for improving compliance with Oregon’s commercial building energy code.
- Developing and maintaining education materials, conducting training, and providing on-site and remote assistance for building owners, design and construction professionals, and local building officials and staff. You will work closely with the Oregon Building Codes Division to supplement their code education work.
To be considered for this position you must meet the following minimum qualifications (required skills):
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Civil, Electrical, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management Engineering, or Energy Management Engineering. AND
- Four years of engineering experience. AND
- Possess a Professional Engineering License (PE) in Oregon or have the ability to obtain the designation within two years of being hired.
Note: The successful candidate is required to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the state where they reside and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
Preference may be given to candidates with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management Engineering, or Energy Management Engineering.
While these skills are not required, candidates who are the most competitive will have the following:
- Experience designing or reviewing plans for mechanical engineering and other energy-related systems in non-residential buildings.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of advanced energy efficiency technologies and practices.
- Excellent technical analytical skills in an energy/natural resource related field.
- Experience constructing and reviewing energy models of commercial buildings energy use.
- Strong policy analysis skills.
- Experience writing clear and concise reports and other written materials of a technical nature.
- Experience with stakeholder communication and advisory panels.
Posting End Date: May 10, 2018