Company Name: Cowlitz PUD
Phone Number: (360) 501-9221
Job Title: Energy Efficiency Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: December 21, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Administer the District’s energy efficiency program offerings to Industrial sector customers including; assisting with project data collection and analysis, measurement and verification of energy savings, tracking program budget and program savings acquisitions, assist the Director of Power Management in the development of the District’s conservation potential assessments and budget, and provide technical guidance to other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the industrial energy efficiency programs for the District identifing and addressing customer needs while assisting the District in meeting state and federal requirements.
- Supports technical planning, development and evaluation of commercial energy efficiency programs working with department staff to meet commercial sector customer needs.
- Provides technical and engineering support to customers regarding the District’s non-residential energy efficiency programs to guide and help customers in making informed decisions.
- Performs energy audits or plant assessments by measuring and analyzing data and plant/building information to determine suggested energy efficiency measures, practices, related costs and energy savings and program opportunities.
- Builds relationships; initiates and maintains communications; and identifies and explains energy efficiency projects with potential energy savings with industrial customers.
- Prepares reports, analysis and documentation regarding past, present and future energy efficiency programs for the District’s Conservation Potential Assessment (CPA) and Integrated Resource Plan (IRP).
- Analyzes and makes recommendations on industrial energy efficiency program design such as incentive and rebate level determinations and the setting of equipment specifications to meet program eligibility and/or requirements.
- Coordinates and oversees site-specific verification metering for energy efficiency projects with customers, staff, subcontractors and Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). Performs detailed analysis on the resulting data to verify kWh savings achievements, and develops viable solutions and provides recommendations for implementing solutions to discovered problems or customer requests.
- Develops written materials for program presentations, implementation, verification of installed measures, and marketing to share and capture District acheivements.
- Maintains project tracking database for industrial energy efficiency program and other custom energy efficiency projects to monitor District progress and forecast potential energy savings with respect to CPA targets and budgeted spending levels.
- Support development of a business unit budget.
- Provides detailed progress reports to and communicates with management on a regular basis.
- Represents the District at community gatherings to communicate the department’s energy efficiency program information. These events may include local community organized events as well as regional/utility industry related meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the Director of Power Management to help the Energy Efficiency business unit meet District goals and expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal and customer service skills to courteously deal with and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District customers, co-workers, other District employees, outside vendors and the general public.
- Ability to work in multi-task work environment, with constant interruptions and distractions while maintaining and meeting strict deadlines for projects.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, and knowledge of advanced arithmetic/statistical skills required.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated in order to make independent decisions using sound judgment.
- Requires conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a professional business-like manner, both orally and in writing. Must understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of restricted or private information and records and effectively handle sensitive matters.
- Knowledge of energy related state and federal laws.
- Knowledge of current and advanced industrial energy efficiency technologies and practices including modeling analyses, techniques and software applications.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate data logging equipment and software as well as other industrial or commercial analysis tools.
- Awareness of regional energy efficiency stakeholders and collaborators.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of BPA’s energy efficiency programs and the related resources supporting these programs.
- May require work hours in excess of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Must wear proper apparel for assigned working conditions in accordance with the District’s dress code policy.
- May require some travel (10%).
- Observe and abide by all District policies, goals and objectives.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time with up to 4 hours of consecutive computer work.
- Must be able to exchange phone conversations with office background noise.
- Must be able to position self to move up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to pass post offer background check.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and be able to drive safely in all weather/road conditions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Its intent is to be a general guide of the duties and tasks we may ask you to perform as part of your employment with us. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all of your duties or responsibilities with us. Job descriptions are dynamic living documents that change, as business needs change. We may elect to clarify, change or even add to this job description and your list of assigned duties in the future. We operate as a team and from time to time, you may be required to complete other related duties as assigned. Be able to perform all tasks asked or assigned of you is an important part of being a team member and a key expectation for your position.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and two (2) or more years in a utility industrial program, industrial plant, or manufacturing engineer capacity is required. An equivalent or similar technical degree and experience may also be considered.
- An E.I.T. or P.E. license and Certified Energy Manager and/or Certified Measurement and Verification Professional certifications are preferred.
Posting End Date: January 12, 2018