Company Name: Tacoma Power
Job Title: Energy Conservation Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Power is an innovative, citizen-owned electric utility that generates, transmits and distributes electricity and provides energy and telecommunication services in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to provide high-value, competitively priced products and services to our customers through the quality of our employees, and the responsiveness that results from local ownership. For the foreseeable future, conservation is Tacoma Power’s only planned resource for meeting new load.
The Conservation Resources Management (CRM) Section of Tacoma Power is accepting applications for a Power Engineer Level III. This position develops and delivers conservation programs, and secures energy efficiency measures with Tacoma Power’s commercial and industrial customers by conducting engineering and technical activities.
- Provide customer technical services by preparing energy calculations related to industrial processes and compressed air systems, HVAC systems, pumping and ventilation systems, motors and drives, lighting and domestic water systems.
- Review calculations, energy evaluation reports and proposals prepared by other engineers and consultants.
- Prepare or review complex computer energy simulation models of commercial buildings.
- Provide specifications, recommendations, and related engineering analyses.
- Provide economic analyses of energy efficiency alternatives.
- Conduct field audits and inspections and interact directly with customers and trade allies.
- Evaluate energy performance of installed efficiency projects.
- Promote efficiency services to customers.
- Research, develop and implement energy efficiency programs, services and policies for the commercial and industrial sector.
To succeed at Tacoma Power, candidates should prefer to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to communicate effectively and be able to demonstrate a history of commitment to high standards of customer service;
- Have experience with electrical energy-related projects at industrial facilities;
- Be proficient with a variety of analytical techniques; and
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a high volume of projects quickly and accurately.
City of Tacoma Recruitment
One of the primary goals of the Equity and Empowerment Initiative is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering field and five or more years of experience as a Professional Engineer or over 10 years’ work experience in department’s required technical specialty in lieu of a professional engineering license. Work experience as a professional engineer in HVAC and energy engineering is desired.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
May require a valid Washington State Driver’s License at the time of appointment with maintenance thereafter.
Posting End Date: May 10, 2017