Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Electrical Journeyman (U17-168)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Electrician
Posting Start Date: October 6, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 19, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon’s energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world there are a few special places that have a team-driven environment with the resources and support you need to succeed. That’s PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And it’s a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in an essential, dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team.
Electrical Journeyman (U17-168)
The successful candidate will perform all duties of journeyman electrician or Journeyman wireman in connection with preventive and corrective maintenance, testing, and electrical construction at generating plants, substations, and other facilities.
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical devices.
- Perform all installation, testing, and maintenance of regulators, reclosures, transformers, switches.
- Refurbish and Process Distribution Transformers and related equipment, and perform all aspects of various equipment at PGE facilities.
- Work without direct Supervision
- Refurbish and Process Distribution Transformers and related Equipment
- Must be a journeyman electrician or journeyman wireman.
- Must possess or acquire CDL Class A driver’s license during probationary period.
- Pre-placement medical examination and physical capacity testing are required.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Posting End Date: October 19, 2017